PHILA SPRING TEAM18 – Regulations
Phila Spring Team Competition at Smashville
More info at http://smashville.us/go/springteam18
We had more than 70 players at our first Team event in Dec!
Based on player feedback and
this experience we have adopted the following format to keep matches flowing on schedule:
* A Team Match shall consist of 1 singles and 2 doubles matches. Events: OPEN & MIXED, JR17 & COLLEGIATE! (Mixed must have minimum of 2 women on the team). All 3 matches may be played simultaneously or close to it. JR17 & Collegiates play SUNDAY April 8.
* A Standard team consists of 5 players that will play 1 singles match and 2 doubles matches with no repeaters. A team with fewer players may still play, however will forfeit the missing match. For example, a team of 3 may field 1 singles and 1 doubles, and if they win both, they win the match. A team of 4 may choose to play 2 doubles and forfeit the singles. They would need to win both to win the Team Match
* JUNIOR17 Team format is 2 singles and 1 doubles. No repeaters. Junior 17 Fee: $60. / Team
A standard JUNIOR17 Team is 4 players: 2 singles & 1 doubles.
Less than 4 may compete however 1 match will be forfeited.
For example, a team of 3 will play 1 singles and 1 doubles and forfeit the 2nd singles
* Two subs are allowed per Team Match. Subs must be registered as part of the team during registration.
* Prizes: Winners & Finalists Team trophies, team members’ mugs and 3 tubes of shuttles to winning team. Mugs to semi-finalists. Cons winners get Keychains.
* Fee: $100. /team Payment must be completed at time of entry! JR17 team fee: $60.
Matches will be 1 game to 25 except for finals which will be full match (if not an RR playoff draw).
Prizes: Trophies, shuttles and mugs